I started to work on this card for another of her challenges, but went another route with that card. So, set it aside and thought it would be fun to add this image! :)
The base of the card is a pre-folded 5x7 card in off white. The patterned paper is from my stash and I tore the edges then inked in black.
I tried to tear various portions of the card, but still kept some of the cardstock with straight lines for contrast. To not take away from the torn background, I made the image much smaller than I usually would for a card.
With the more muted color palette of papers and cardstock, I was inspired to try coloring up this Princess with a darker completion and dark hair. Used distress markers, other markers and watercolor pencils. I think she turned out beautiful! :)
Little closer view:
Didn't want to add too much else to the card to take away from the image or papers, so just added a little bit of embellishment with the mini star brads, also in a darker color.
Thought this would also be a nice card for a friend! :) Used a stamp for the, Hello Friend, sentiment and the, I Adore You, sentiment is a rub on word.
Entering this card into the challenges,
* Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Challenge Blog, Torn to Pieces
* Outlawz Challenges - Friday Coloring Challenge - Card for a Friend
Thanks for looking!
~Margo


1 comment:
Margo, what a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month of “torn to pieces”. Even more FANTASTIC is that you have used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps.
Thank you for entering, best wishes in the draw and for your support of this challenge. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader)
Post a Comment