Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Autumn Fairy Princess, pink.teal.yellow!

Hi!

I hope everyone has been staying warm with this crazy winter - no matter where you are in the U.S.! Brrrrr!!!

With that, I've been working on several images...yay! :)

One of which is the gorgeous Autumn Fairy Princess that can be found here at Sweet Pea Stamps (SPS)!

I'm going to enter this card into the challenges for the SPS Friends and Fans, February 9th-22nd Progressive Challenge as well as the Outlawz Challenges, Friday coloring that SPS is sponsoring! :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sweetpeastampsfriendsandfans/

http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/friday-color/forum/topics/friday-coloring-challenge-february-20th-26th

The Outlawz challenge had a color palette that needed to be followed and I've been wanting to color up this Fairy Princess for a while, so thought this was the perfect chance. :)



Close up:


I used both markers and Crayola crayons to color her! I'm still learning with techniques, though used baby oil to blend the parts of her dress and wings that I only colored with the crayons.

The thorned vines I colored in marker and used a metallic crayon in a similar color to add some extra sparkle.  It may be hard to see, but I tried to get a little close up. :D

I didn't fuzzy cut her out, but cut around her still fairly close to be able to have room for the yellow and teal cardstock to show on the card, as well as the light pink patterned paper.  I inked the edges slightly with my distress marker on the pink paper as well.

To finish off the card, I wanted to keep it simple, so added mini rhinestones on the corners, just for a little extra something.


Thanks for looking! Hope you liked it! :)

Have a great Sunday!

~Margo

No comments: