Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

Ching Chou Kuik - Key to my Heart image, 2 different cards for the Lace Romance challenge!

Entering this beautiful image, Key to My Heart, by Ching Chou Kuik, into the Lace Romance challenge on the Ching Chou Kuik Facebook page!

I created two entries for this challenge! :)

The lace I added for both these cards is a black/white lace patterened Washi tape! I've had it in my stash for a little while and thought it was the perfect embellishment for this challenge. I really am happy with both cards and love how different they look :) , even though the image and some elements I used are the same.

The first card:

I had the inspiration for this first challenge of black/white and gold shades.

Colored her with my watercolor pencils and distress markers.

I actually was going to also enter this card into another challenge that called for torn pieces, but will use a different image for that. For this card I loved the look the torn paper gave to the theme, so kept going with the card.  I really like how it was turned out!  I inked the edges of the torn image with my distress ink pad.

Added the lace Washi tape and backed the image onto gold/tan colored textured cardstock, then back it on gray/white patterned paper.  The card itself is a 5x7 pre scored card.

I added Glossy Accents to her eyes, part of the roses and the Key.  The other gold accents on the image and around the edges of the card are with a gold Gelly pen! :) A silver Gelly pen was also used on a few small accents on the card and to accent her dress! :)

I also tried my hand at paper roses and added them to the corner of the card and added gold Stickles for extra flare. :)

For final touches added a 'Love' sticker, edged in the Gelly pens, drew some extra hearts with gold and silver Gelly pens and the jewels of the pearl and rhinestone embellishments.


Front image of card (on easel for display):



Closer look at the detail:



Close up of the lovely image once more, but hopefully able to see some of the other details too:



The second card:

I found the red/black key patterned paper in my stash and it was further inspiration with the Lace Romance theme to have more fun and color her in pinks and reds with accents of black and gold. Again, colored the lovely image with watercolored pencils and distress markers.

Added Glossy Accents to the eyes, lips and the key.  For more fun added pink Stickles to the leaf like parts of the image and a more sparkly Stickles for her eyeshadow! :)

Used a gold Gelly pen to various places on the card.  Also added small rhinestones to the card as well.

Backed the image on red cardstock then onto red patterned paper! :)

The lace portion for this card I used lace patterened Washi tape once again! :)


Front of the card (on an easel for display):



Hope you can see further detail in this photo too:



This was a super fun challenge and love how they turned out! Hope you do too! :)

Thanks for looking!

~Margo

No comments: