Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love Angel!!! CAS, Hearts and more! :)

This adorable image, Love Angel, is from A Day For Daisies (ADFD) digital stamps!

Tammy, the owner, offered it as a freebie on her ADFD blog during one of her challenges!

Love it! :)

I colored up the image and was excited to enter it, but then time got away from me and I missed the deadline. :(

Though I was able to find other challenges to enter this in and I look forward to making time for one of ADFD's other challenges though!

Colored the super cute angel with distress markers, other markers, ink and a gel pen.
The hair I used a distress ink and a dry paintbrush with a little water to blend.  The wings I colored with marker then highlighted with gold Stickles, The hearts, bowl and skin were other markers and the clothing was colored in with a white Gelly pen.  The halo was colored in with a gold Gelly pen.

After coloring up the Angel, I found some other challenges which help me make my decisions on how I was going to create the final card and was happy with how it came out!

Card on an easel (for display):



Little closer view:



Going to enter this into this week's CAS challenge of adding hearts and/or flowers to the CAS card on Outlawz Challenges site ,

So, I knew it had to be Clean and Simple. :)  I fussy cut out the Angel, halo and the three hearts! I back the Angel with the halo onto a dark pink cardstock and used a corner punch for two of the corners for a little more interest.  Then off set it to the left side of the card so there was room for the three hearts.

I am also entering this into another challenge on Outlawz Challenge site, Greeting Card challenge to add "inchies" of two or more with a sentiment on the front of the card.

I used my inch square punch to cut out three squares, 1 in a medium pink and 2 in light pink and made sure there was enough room to add them to the bottom of the card.  Then I searched through my stash and found some 'conversation hearts' rub on transfers that I have been meaning to use for a very long time! :)

The final challenge for this card is on Aurora Wings Challenge Blog for Valentine's Day!
(Though since this image isn't one of  Mitzi Sato-Wiuff's  images, I can just enter one card to that challenge.)

Had fun with this one! :) Thanks for looking!


~Margo





No comments: