My first post of this new year of 2015! :)
I really hope to have more posts soon!!!!
Though to start...
just wanted to share a SweetPeaStamps image, called Dark Shores by artist Linda Biggs, that I made as a birthday card for a long time great friend of mine! :)
I am entering this card for the first part of the SweetPeaStamps progressive challenge! :)
I tried to make the mermaid colorful and match the colorful and whimsical elements in the designer papers and embellishments that I used as well! :)
Front of card:
Close up of front of card:
I used various markers to color the image, added white gel and silver gel pens on various parts of the image.
I don't think my photo did the gel pens justice...but hope it is still noticeable. The mermaid's hair is where I put a lot more of the silver gen pen.
Used some embellishments from my stash - plain chipboard corners that I colored with distress ink, and added some paper flowers and mini star brads.
Pretty happy with how she turned out overall!
Such a unique and fun image for my wonderful friend for her birthday!
I look forward to making more cards and other projects with this awesome mermaid! :)
Thanks for looking! :)
~Margo


No comments:
Post a Comment