I got the bug to create another card after posting my last card of the mermaid....
So, I am using this card to enter into the January challenge on the Sweet Pea Stamps challenge blog, One Sweet Challenge. The theme is called, Art Inspired .
Found an image online of the famous painting, Sympathy, by Briton Riviere. My sister also has a print of this painting, so it is a piece I am somewhat familiar with and thought it would be cute to work on.
The digi stamp, Puppy Love, by Regan Kubecek is one that I recently purchased and thought it would be a pretty perfect image to use as inspiration for this challenge. :)
The word Sympathy above has a photo of the painting and more additional information. Though I've attached the photo below to more easily compare the painting to my card. :)
I tried to keep the card simple and work with the colors on my card to match those in the painting. Added in more detail at the bottom of the image and tried to use some of the same muted colors of the rug from the painting.
Used watercolor pencils and distress markers for coloring the image. Added some designer papers and the the embellishments used are some gold filigree style corner stickers. I'm not sure if the gel pen shows up on my card, but I added white gel pen to the wings and the puppy too. ;)
Sympathy painting:

Art inspired card for painting:

Fun challenge! :) I really like how this one turned out, especially as 'simple' is harder for me to do! ;)
Thanks for looking! :)
~Margo
2 comments:
This is such a super gorgeous image. You have made the sweetest card and love the goodies added.xxx
..xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}
Thank you so much! :)
Post a Comment