Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

Welcome post (& show my 'Sandy Hook' Tribute card

Hi! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my newly created blog! :)

I have wanted to create a blog and share more of my cards and crafts for a long time.  Though I recently got the nudge from my friend, Laura, to create a page to get the word out more about my cards (and other crafts).  So, here I am. :) I appreciate your understanding too as I learn the ins and outs of 'blogging' and posting pictures. In the meantime, if you'd like to see some of what I've created, please see these cards and crafts I posted on Splitcoaststampers site as examples.
 
Also, I'd like to take a moment and point out one of those cards.  I created this one below especially for a friend's non-release balloon fundraiser in honor of the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy in Newtown, CT.  (p.s. The friend who nudged me is the same one having the fundraiser. :) )

  



This Sandy Hook Tribute card will be presented along with the donations.  While I hope every card I make is well received, this is one I truly hope brings even a small piece of happiness to those that see it, in light of the tragic school shooting. 

Rubber Stamp:
By Sparkle Creations and though the stamp is called 'Pink Ribbon Emily', I thought it would be the perfect image to use for this card. 

Color/Details on card:
  • The color scheme was inspired by the Sandy Hook green and white school colors
  • The awareness ribbon (and the one behind the angel) are black to indicate 'mourning'
  • Every heart has the name next to it for each of the 26 school shooting victims.
Techniques:
  • Used a heart punch for the little hearts on the card
  • Prisma Watercolor Pencil for the angel's hair
  • Paper Pieced her dress
  • Used Stickles on the wings
  • Added Glossy Accents to the flower in her hair. :)

So, that's a little bit about what I have done recently and hope to create a lot more fun and wonderful creations in the future! (However, I have a lot of other creations I've made, but haven't posted them online.  However, looking to add more examples soon!)

I strive to make every card or crafty project with love, care and with someone special in mind (even if that someone doesn't know it yet.) :)

Thank you for visiting!  

Any positive comments or feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you and have a great day!)

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Margo ~
Love your cards! Very creative & funky! Would love to see more! =)

Tanya*

Anonymous said...

Nudge, Nudge!! Haha, I'm glad for the mention but it is YOU who brings your talent and passion to life with these creations! So the thanks should be to YOU for finally sharing them with us!

Laura
xoxox