Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

SCRSC 96 - Love Song Challenge!

Hi!

I had fun working on this card for Sparkle Creations challenge 96 - Love Song Challenge!  This will be my first card to enter into a challenge via my blog! whoohoo! :)

So....anyway....

My sister bought me several Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps not too long ago :) and two of them were the adorable 'New Year Emily' and 'Chit Chat Lucy'.  Though after seeing the lovely job the Design Team did with using 'Chit Chat Lucy' a couple of times already, I thought I'd see what I could do with using 'New Year Emily'. 

After just a few minutes of looking at this cute image, I almost immediately started to think about the songs "Wonderful Tonight" or "Lady in Red" by Eric Clapton. :)




 

 
 
Though overall decided "Lady in Red" was a more 'in your face' choice for this Love Song Challenge
and I'm happy with it! :)

For once I thought about making a more simple card :) and opted for a piece of cardstock that was a 'just right' size for the image, but still gave me room to add some embellishments. 

I was excited to use my music note paper flowers for this challenge too and thought it fit perfectly! Tried to do a little something creative like with the paper flowers and added the heart charm which had a hole in the top of it and the brad fit nicely into it.   Of course I colored Miss ' New Year Emily' all in Red and tried in my 'newbie' way to make her hair highlighted (as the song says) with my yellow markers.  Then added some Crackle Accents on her headband, shoes and in her glass for some extra dimension.  The rhinestones jewels come in a mix of colors, but I certainly had to pick out just the red ones and figure out a way to add them!  As much as 'red' is the theme of color, I decided adding the silver Stickles would give a little more balance.  Then as the last piece of embellishment and hopeful clue, I added the word, 'Lady' with my silver stickers.

By the way, when you first saw the card...did you guess the song title before I explained it?

If not, I hope in the end anyway, that it was not too difficult to figure out and that the song title matches my decorated little card. :)

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great day!

Rubber Stamp:
Sparkle Creations - New Year Emily

Materials:
  • Textured red cardstock
  • Paper flowers
  • Heart charm
  • small brad
  • rhinestone jewels
  • Stickles
  • Silver sticker letters

2 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, I love your Lady in Red! Great design and colors and the music note flower is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Sparkle Creations!!!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this Lady in Red! She's fun and just plain awesome! Great work!

<3 Laura