Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Birthday card for my lovely Mom!


Hi again!

So, this is a card I made for my Mom's birthday, January 22nd, this year (2013) that I was particularly happy with and wanted to share.  


 

   
  
I wanted to try out the Rachel Anderson “Sunrise” stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps and thought it’d be a beautiful image to use for a birthday card and what a wonderful person to create a card for - my Mom! J So, I used the color green and sparkles as inspiration for creating the card because I know it’s something she’d like and appreciate.

Then I picked some colors I thought worked well with green – shades of beige/cream, white, yellow, gold and browns.   The beige color cardstock for the image seemed to work out for not having to color in any kind of skin tone and it was good practice to play with the idea of ‘graduated’ color with the yellows in the fairy’s dress.  I thought it would be fun to play with adding more scenery to the ‘fairy on a pillar’ image so I added the brown flowers and then tried to work on using the Stickles glue bottle to free hand the leaves and swirls.  I enjoy adding elements to my cards and images like Glossy Accents or glitter too.  I think it wasn't too bad to have the more Stickles on the bottom part of the card and add just a little bit of the Glossy Accents to the wings and the butterflies.

So, about the sentiment, well I was going to just use a simple ‘Happy Birthday’ on the front.  However, my Mom is always one for funny things, so then I rummaged through my phrase/word stamps and thought this quote about age being merely a number would be a little more appropriate. J Heat embossing is always fun too and adds that extra nice touch, so glad I did that too.

Hope you liked this card and I look forward to adding more nature type cards to my blog as I go along.

Thanks for visiting!

 Rubber Stamp:

Image: Sweet Pea Stamps company, artist Rachel Anderson, Sunrise.

Sentiment: Hampton Art

Materials:

· Prisma Watercolor Pencils

· Cardstock - green and natural colors

· Cardbase – White cardstock

· Designer Paper – gold 

· Stickles

· Paper flowers

· Glossy Accents 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you- besides the Sandy Hook card, this is my favorite one so far!! Everything about it is perfection to me! From the colors to the flowers at the bottom, and using a stamp for the printing! I REALLY think this is a great example of your work!

~Laura