This is one of my favorites! It's the Day of the Dead style image, Las Calaveras!
I felt like doing something a little different and chose some 'not so typical' color combos for me (greens, yellows, grays) and keeping with a little simpler card by using fewer colors.
Used Prismacolored pencils and distress markers and gold gel pen for a few accents too. :)
Backed the image on black and gray cardstock and adhered to a 4" x 5.5" size kraft card (which I guess you can't tell because it's covered by the cardstock/image. ;) )
Such a fabulous image and fun to color! :) Had a hard time taking photos today :( so hope you can still see the detail well enough.
Thanks for looking! :)

5 comments:
This is quite stunning, Margo. I LOVE your color palette of greens, yellows, grays with white. Certainly unexpected for DoD or Halloween, but what you've done here with these colors is gorgeous! Thank you for playing at Aurora Wings Challenge!
Mitzi xxx
Artist/Owner Aurora Wings
Oh I am so glad you love it, Mitzi! :) That really means a lot!!! ♡♡♡
Very nicely done I really like this image and have yet to color her up! Thanks for joining us at Aurora Wings
Thank you, Charlene! :)
Enjoy coloring her when you do get around to it! :)
Fabulous color palette for this awesome image, Margo. Love it! Thanks so much for joining our DOD challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD
Post a Comment