Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2015

Steampunks!!!! :D

Hi!

Snowed a little more overnight.......blah! Though it wasn't as bad as it could've been! (Thank goodness!)

Onto more happy thoughts.....

These are my first two Steampunks from Simply B Stamps! Love them! :)

Gwendolyn and Bella the Vampire

Colored them both up and made them into cards for some challenges:

Gwendolyn -
Passionate Paper Creations/SimplyBStamps Steampunk challenge and Outlawz Challenge Tuesday Coloring week of Feb. 24

Bella the Vampire -
Passionate Paper Creations/SimplyB Stamps Monochromatic challenge


First card to describe a little more about is Gwendolyn!
She is one of many favorites of the Steampunks! 
The Tuesday Outlawz challenge this week had a 'tic tac toe' format.  I chose the Pink, Yellow and Orange colors and had to add gemstone(s) to my creation.

I decided to do a mix of light and muted shades of these three colors.  Used crayons, markers and colored pencils to color Gwendolyn. 


Her skin color I used a colored pencil, colored her hair in markers and a couple shades of pink crayons for her dress, with a few accents with pink marker and some pink stickles added to the ribbons on her dress.

Her leggings, for instance, I colored in a sun yellow crayon, then colored over it with a yellow/orange distress marker and rubbed any excess ink with a cotton swab.  Then colored her boots with a few different shades of orange crayon.

Though, I wasn't sure that I liked how those parts turned out, so I added yellow Stickles to the leggings and a distress orange Stickles to the boots.  I really think it came out great! :)

Layered various types of cardstock and papers  (textured cardstock, construction paper, and patterned paper) to make up the background and put it onto a pre-scored white card.

Then I cut her out and glued her to the front. 

For extra sparkle and fun (and to follow the challenge) added some rhinestone gems to the corners of the papers and some pink and orange Stickles to parts of the cardstock.

Hope you like her....I do! :)

Now to the next lovely Steampunk - Bella the Vampire! :)

Knowing that I was going to enter her into the monochromatic challenge, I chose my favorite color of purple to try a full creation of purple! <3


Went through my stash to collect as many purple items as I could, various shades of purple cardstock, smooth and textured, flowers, brads, and rhinestones.

Colored Bella with crayons and colored pencils and then close cut the image.  Handwrote the sentiment (with squiggly lines ;) ) onto a small piece of light purple cardstock  and glued them both to the front of the card. 

This was such a fun card to create! :)


Thanks so much for looking!


~Margo



1 comment:

Tracy W said...

I love both these, Bella is my favourite though as purple is my favourite colour too! Creative Blessings, Tracy x