This Goblin Queen digi was an awesome freebie I got from SimplyBStamps!
I submitted my entry into the Goblin Queen contest in the SBS Facebook group.
Part of the rules were to choose either Light or Dark for creating the look of the image.
Figured the Dark side would be a little bit out of my comfort zone when it came to creating cards, so I went that route!
So much fun coloring and making up the card!
Printed her on copy or bond paper (not sure which now...:( ) and started to color the Queen using some more 'ordinary' supplies, like red gel pen and black ink pen for her hair and part of her dress, pencil on the other part of her dress, her eyelids, and for the little goblin! Also, used green highlighter marker for the Queen and goblin eye color! :)
Also this is my first attempt at 'highlighting' hair! :) So please be kind! :)
Then moved on to use some Prismacolor pencil, green for her skin and purple for the rest of her dress. Loved how saturated the colored pencil got as I used some water to blend it.
The wings I colored in green colored pencil (Crayola brand I believe) then added gold Stickles! :)
After the image itself was colored, I knew it needed a little more stability then just the paper she was printed on. So, I cut her out and glued her to a 110 lb. piece of white cardstock, cut that out again then adhered to the red cardstock.
The rest of background cardstock, patterned pieces and rhinestones were in my stash and I had fun creating the rest of the card backed onto a pre-scored White 5x7 card!
Added some final touches by adding gold Gelly pen squiggles/dots for interest and since I thought there was a little too much white space from the cut out portions of thinner paper and cardstock on the image, I added gold Gelly pen lines around the edges for extra pop! :)
Hope you like her as much as I do! :)
Thanks for looking!

No comments:
Post a Comment