Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Sweet Pea Stamps Blog Hop - #26 spot of the hop!!! :D

Welcome to the Sweet Pea stamps Blog Hop!




This hop is from a loyal group of Sweet Pea stamp fans who want to let Lynette know that we appreciate all her hard work bringing us the wonderful stamps in both rubber and digi format over the years. 

 Thanks so very much for all the wonderful images we have collected from you!

There are some random prizes along the way, as certain blog owners have decided to include a prize, so please leave some comments along the way as you see everyone's gorgeous Sweet Pea Stamp creations.

Also, the store closes at the end of the day on the 25th, so if you see some wonderful stamps on this blog hop, today is the last day to get them, so please drop by the store!
http://www.sweetpeastamps.com

(YOU ARE HERE)
26. Margo Davis      http://cardsbymargo.blogspot.com  

I have a lot of Sweet Pea Stamps (SPS) images in my collection, both rubber and digital stamps.
So, I chose one of each format and created two birthday cards for loved ones to share with you today! :)

The first card is by Ching Chou Kuik, Carousel Allure 
I have the rubber stamp version and used it for this creation. Though if you are interested in this image, it's still available as a digital stamp in the SPS store!
  
 I loved this Ching Chou Kuik image (CCK) the first time I saw it in the SPS store!
I felt it would be perfect for a birthday card and especially for my cousin, who is like a sister to me! :)
<3!
The image has such elements of elegance, fun and celebration all in one. Perfect for my cousin!
So I tried to keep with that feeling and keep it a little bit simpler too. 
  • 5x7 cream card base, added patterned paper and a layer of cardstock.
  • Colored rubber stamped image with Prismacolor colored pencils, watercolor and soft core, with a few parts in marker.
  • Added dimension/fun elements:  Gold Stickles, Gelly pen, Glossy Accents, Happy Birthday confetti, Recollections paper flowers and some added pearls/rhinestones. 
 Hope you can see that I added Stickles to the 'Happy Birthday' word confetti, part of the carousel globe and glossy accents to the lady's eyes too! :D






       


Couple more close up pics....



 

                       

The next card is by Elaine Cox, Little Dreamer Mermaid
Used the digital stamp of this image and it's still available in the SPS store too if you are interested -


(I took several pics. of this card, but only 1 of them really came out the way I wanted it too...:/ :( )
 I apologize, but hope that you can still see the detail and that you can still appreciate her beauty! :D


I loved the uniqueness of this image and thought it would be perfect for a girl's birthday card!
I have a dear college friend who's daughter and I share a birthday, so I try hard to pick out an image each year that I think she'll enjoy!
I liked the birthday fun elements of the Birthday confetti so I added them to this card as well!
I didn't want to make the colors too bold, so I thought pastel with some pops of darker shades and a little more fun dimension would be great for her card this year! :)



Not sure if you can see it...but I used metallic shimmer crayons in the mermaid top/body/tail! :D 
  • 5x7 white card base, patterned paper and a few layers of cardstock.
  • Colored digital image mostly with Crayola crayons
  • Added dimension/fun elements:  Silver Gelly pen, Glossy Accents, Happy Birthday confetti, Recollections rhinestones and some green fabric ribbon that reminded me of seaweed! :D
  • Added number stickers to indicate her age this year! :)

I appreciate your comments and hope you've enjoyed my blog post!
*huge hugs!*

Thank you again, Lynette, and to the other SPS customers/DT team!
Thanks for having the SPS store,  all you've done with your business these past years and allowing me to be one of your customers to create with these lovely artists stamps!
Thanks all for your inspiration over the years! 

Wishing Lynette and each of you that visit the best and thanks again for stopping by!

If you have arrived here first...see the list below of the other spots along the Hop:


1. Sweet Pea stamps Blog (using card by Ester Berkhuysen)        

2. Holley's Blog    http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com

3. Colleen Dewis    http://stressedisjustdessertsbackwards.blogspot.ca/

4. Suzi Baker McKenzie   http://suzannebakermckenzie.blogspot.com

5. Cindy van Oorschot    http://cmvanoorschot.blogspot.ca

6. Vannessa Hasty    http://www.saffiresstamping.blogspot.co.uk/


9. Debbie Ebat    http://debbiesstampingadventures.blogspot.com

10. Olivia Rivera-Marmara   http://www.ormcraftynights.blogspot.com

11. Winnie A Ludvigsen   http://norwayscrapper.blogspot.no/

12. Tera Thelma Borer- Fujan   http://www.stampqueen.blogspot.com

13. Susan Salyer    http://lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com

14. Danni Bindel    http://dannisdreamscrafts.blogspot.com/


16. Samantha Aguilera    http://designsbysammy.blogspot.com/

17. Angelique Engeldesignsscrap    http://engeldesignsscrap.blogspot.nl/

18.  Sharon Rogers    Http://sharonshowcase.blogspot.com


20. Hilde Larsen     http://tindaloo.blogspot.com

21.  Jane Bradshaw    http://www.craftyanimal.blogspot.com

22.  Jennifer Scull    http://justcoffeepleasestampsribbonspaper.blogspot.com/

23. Margaret Ashby     http://www.granmargaret.blogspot.com.au/

24. Michele Storms    Http://artfromthewell.blogspot.com

25.   Ria ZonneStraaltje   http://dragonmagicscrapkaarten.blogspot.nl/      <-spot before me ;)

26. Margo Davis      http://cardsbymargo.blogspot.com   (YOU ARE HERE)

27. Kathi Rerek     http://kathstales.blogspot.com   <- spot after me ;)

28. Aletha Jane      http://ajsdesigns.blogspot.com

29. Christina Gudgeon    http://craftieangel.blogspot.com.au/



Return to the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog


17 comments:

cebelica said...

Both of your cards are very beautiful! xx

monique said...

what a great cards

Margo said...

Thank you so much! :)

Margo said...

Thank you so much! :)

Fikreta said...

very pretty cards
have a nice day
>^.^<

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Two beautiful cards today Margo. Thanks so very much for participating in the Sweet Pea stamps hop for farewell to Lynette. Wonderful work. Be sure and enter your cards in the Your Scrapbook Place Challenge. Cheers, Holley

michele said...

these are gorgeous cards! xo

Denise Pustelniak said...

Both are so lovely!

Rene said...

Wow, both your creations are so lovely and special!
So glad I could visit on the Hop.
Hugs
Rene

Margo said...

Awww! Thanks so much for your kind words and for stopping by!!! ;) I appreciate it! :) ♡

Danni said...

Such wonderful creations!!

Annie said...

Fabulous cards Annie xxx

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Lovely cards and coloring.

debbie said...

wonderful cards

Tindaloo said...

Lovely cards and great coloring! ♥

I am enjoying the hop and beeing a stop on the way myself, but sad to see a wonderful shoppe come to a close.

But we will still have fun with the stamps we have in our stash, so Sweet Pea Stamps will live on in our creative hearts ♥ Tindaloo

Mimi said...

Beautiful creations Margo :) :) :) xx

sweetpeastamps said...

stunning work on both of these, Margo, the layouts are awesome. Thank you for taking the time to do these, I love them